Saturday, September 6, 2008

No clothing budget!

God is so gentle with me when He answers my prayers. With the rising costs of gas and food, I have been crying out to God to teach me how to wisely manage the funds He has given us. Early this year, He introduced me to Moneysavingmom.com where I learned how to maximize coupons to my advantage! This summer He has shown me through a friend how to not need a clothing budget! She has taught me about E-bay. How to take pictures and list items so they sell. As a result, all the clothes that we are done with are selling or have sold and I am able to use those proceeds to garage sale. Though not everything goes but I think I am at a 60-75% selling rate. Meaning 60-75% of what I list on ebay sales. What doesn't sell goes in my garage sale pile. Another dear friend educated us on which part of town to go to find the best garage sale deals. I was really wowed by this friend and that she garage sales. You see, they have 6 kids and the whole family is dressed to a beautiful T. Always look great. They live on a single income. I never could quite figure out how she manages it all. Well I know now! Boy, did I listen to her advice. As a result, I find it difficult to pay more than 25-50 cents an item when garage sale-ing. I will splurge and spend a $1 on jeans! All that I get is like new, in great condition and much of it is name brand. The best part the children are learning valueable life lessons regarding money!

No comments: