Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy ! Happy ! Early Birthday! !

Grandmama came into town Friday before Daddy got home. We decided to open Papa's and Grandmama's present early. Oh, what fun we had! When Grandmama asked how old are you going to be? D answered "2!"

"2??" He quickly corrected and told her, "3!"

Of course, Grandmama quickly replied, "Oh good, I am so glad you aren't going to be 2 again!"

A phrase that has been repeated quite a bit the last 5 days!

2 is sweet. 2 can be adorable. The whole world is there to learn about when you are 2!

But 2 is messy. 2 is "NO". 2 is not quite ready to give up naps, and throws everyone's quiet hour into a ? ? 2 is potty training, need I say more. 2 is toys in the toilet and lots of repair work around the house. 2 isn't negotiable, it is unreasonable.

So, I enjoy my son at age 2. I love him when he is 2. I don't know that I want to go back. I look forward to seeing him grow in wisdom and stature. I look forward to watching him become the man God has intended him to be.

No comments: