Thursday, January 15, 2009

14 Years!

Happy Anniversary to my guy!
It is hard to believe it has been 14 yrs. It doesn't feel like that much time has passed. I can't remember life without my hubby and can't imagine life without him.
Recently he asked me if I was going to keep him around? "Oh yeah," I told him. "With 5 kids, there was no way I was going to parent them alone." He laughed. The secret to a long marriage??? Lots of kids???
But on the serious side, I am blessed with a wonderful man.
These last weeks I have witnessed him care for his Mom.
It is enough to make one want to cry.
I watched him carefully soak his mom's feet, and gently clean them. He then followed up with lotion on her feet and then her hands.
He spends at least 3 days a week with his parents. Often taking at least 2 kids with him or all of us. Fixes lunch for the group while I school the kids. He hangs out with his dad when he is not in the kitchen. His mom sleeps now almost 20 hours a day.
He surprised me with a dozen roses yesterday and sappiest of all cards.
He is a keeper and I am ever so glad God put him in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heather, I LOVE being dated by how long I've been married. That is definitely something to be proud of in this day and age! :-)

Happy annversary to you (a little late)!

John and I have been married almost 21 years and I'm proud, proud, proud. :-)

Krista