Wednesday, April 1, 2009

They are in bed and staying there! !

It used to be my worst offenders of getting up and stalling to go to bed were the wee ones. You remember, when they get into a big kid bed and realize they can get out of it. "I need snuggles", "I love you", "I have a question".
Now it is my older ones. They just want to hang out. Oh, I need a kleenex. What'cha doing? Today sooo and sooo and then this happened.... I need to brush my teeth, wash my face.... What is the temperature tomorrow? What are we doing tomorrow?
And all I want is to get my stuff done so I can go to bed!
Tonight, I won! !
Awana nights...the drill, (we review every week in the car on the way home)....
Go in, Get PJS on, get ready for bed, first one ready gets to be first to go over their book with me and then to bed!
But I added a twist. Everytime I have to say "Go/Get to bed" after MY final hug for the night, they have to pay me a whole dollar! Guess what, I didn't earn any moneytonight. But that is okay, cause the house is quiet and I am getting stuff done. I wonder about tomorrow? ? ?

No comments: