Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Shopping with my 13 year old

We went to an outlet mall today. Just to look. Should have known better.
I have been trying to find my oldest another swimsuit. We swim a lot and it is kinda nice for the kids to each have two suits. It seems these days the junior swimsuits are all bikinis.
Really hard to find a one-piece. She is not too much into the tankinis for herself.
While we were shopping I came across one in the outlet stores. Really cute, and appeared to be modest. It would have to be tried on and pass the mom test and then the dad test.
Showed to daughter. Went to look at a few other things. She came and asked if she could try it on. I told her to confirm price first. See if it was really 50% off or not. Came back and told me 14.99 ! Huh, my guess was $25. Sent her back to confirm. Second person said $25. She tried on, Dad said okay. Went to pay. Salesperson sold it to us for 14.99 cause that is what she quoted daughter. I tried to explain we were told from someone else it was $25. But she wouldn't hear of it and daughter got her swimsuit for a bargain. All I could say to her was she was spoiled. People just love to give her deals whether it is at a garage sale or a store! ! She just grinned and very sweetly told the saleswoman thank you.

No comments: