Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas Stories

On a Christmas reading list you will find the typical stores.
The Real Story of St. Nicholas
The Grinch that Stole Christmas
The Night Before Christmas

the Christmas story

But seven years ago we added a new story to our list. I discovered this little gem when we were living in Mississippi for 3 months. We were there from November to mid-February. It always bring smiles and giggles when I read it to the family.



So imagine my delight when we went on our Christmas light adventure to Candy Cane Lane and we discovered a house decorated in "Cajun Christmas." Candy Cane Lane is still my kids favorite. Next year, I don't know if I will find Cajun Christmas... I found it as I was exploring the neighborhoods and I have absolutely no idea how I got there.... but we will see if it becomes another one of our little traditions.
Candy Cane Lane added a new feature this year...at least new to us. Our second time through with cousins, there was a violinist playing Christmas Carols and accepting donations for the Food Bank. Her accompanist was handing out candy canes.


No comments: