Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hockey Player + Fun Mom = Much laughter

So Fun Mom had her birthday party. We had to start singing.... Me memememememememe...
For some odd reason, she really thought the day was all about herself.
I tried to tell her, I got to have some of the love and attention. Afterall I was the one who worked and pushed for 2 hours to get her head out my body.
She looked at me in horror and gasped...
She does afterall have a big head, especially these days. (Oh my! Did I just say that ? ! ? ! ?)
Hockey Player demonstrated some very quick wit, when I mentioned having birthed her.
He quipped, "I thought we picked her out of the pound?!?"
If you know Hockey Player, you know he is quiet, sweet, gentle, and kind. Such a comment caused many a jaw to drop. Then there was squeals of laughter, and a rumble of discord when Fun Mom began to chase Hockey Player down to get even....
They are growing up.....



Fun Mom wanted for her birthday, a cake like she had seen on TLC's Cake Boss. Fondant with a marbled like appearance. So I had my first attempt with fondant. Not too bad. The kids loved the fondant. She wanted to have her birthday out at Grandpa's. Grandpa was getting all new flooring and it was super windy and hot, we hung out in the garage where it was cooler and easier to light candles. Some pretty good memories!

No comments: