Monday, September 6, 2010

Quiet....

Yesterday my kids and husband let me take a 5 hour nap!
To which, my dear, sweet friend replied with, "WHAT! ? ! Haven't you learned your lesson?"
The last time I took a nap, dog doo was tracked through the house and led to the marathon cleaning that left me so exhausted I drifted off to be unheard from for 5 hours.
I think the kids were just glad to have mom quiet and sleeping. It meant no more chores and scrubbing. They were also exhausted from the hours of outdoor play I had required of them while I cleaned.
But the last 24+ hours have been quiet. I am very grateful for that. They are even getting along with one another. A miracle in of itself. I love these moments. They are hard to interrupt. Its getting to be bed time, but I don't want to end this magical moment where my children are friends with one another and enjoying each other's company. I am free to listen to their sounds and reactions and also accomplish a thing or two in peace.

No comments: