Friday, October 1, 2010

Learning a New Language

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine myself learning this new language.
Testosteronese
I have been a little slow at picking it up. But I had a break through tonight with Daddy's Buddy. He actually understood me the first time I spoke.

I need you to sit down proper in your seat. We are going 64 miles per warp speed. If I get to light speed you might fly out the window.

He sat.

The tension in the suburban was thick. Would Mom make it it time? We were 3 minutes from the start of the new Clone Wars episode. I was doing all sorts of warp speed down the highway. Threatening to slow down out of warp speed if children did not remain safely seated and buckled into their seats.

Then there was "Hold on, I am making a warp speed turn."
To which Fun Mom corrected me, "Light speed turn."
I will rejoice in the one success today. :)

No comments: