Monday, April 2, 2012

2 different definitions of clean............

I have been on a cleaning spree.  My family keeps trying to hide.
Though husband is happy about this sudden urge to clean.  It means I am the one doing it.
Lately, I have been urging him to conquer, the basement boys' bedroom.  When we had 2 boys upstairs sharing the room, I normally attacked it at least monthly.  Since the combo room moved downstairs, I have just avoided it like the plague.  Begged hubby to take on the instructing of his boys in how to clean their room.  Finally, out of desperation to try and find Hockey Player's i-Touch, I headed down there.  Not too bad, since 2 weeks ago, Big O Daddy did venture down there to help the boys.  The first thing I did was pull out a drawer from under the bunk beds. 

NOT SO GOOD! ! ! !

I found 4 rolls of toilet paper.  Mostly unrolled!  What on earth??   None of it used, which was actually pretty cool..cause I had just run out of toilet paper in my bathroom.  Now I didn't have to go to the store right away.  I continued to pull stuff out from under the bed.  Mind you these are twin size bunkbeds.  With drawers underneath.  There isn't a lot of room under there.  I filled a large dirty clothes hamper with laundry and 2 trash bags with trash. 

I thought the men (husband included) cleaned 2 weeks ago.  On one of the many trips up the stairs, I popped into the bedroom and gently woke my not feeling well hubby, to tell him, "Our definition of clean is NOT THE SAME!"  He just rolled back over and went to sleep.

I kept asking my kids over and over.. "any sentimental value, attachment issues"  As long as the answer was no, it went into the trash.  That worked really well with "The Man" until he realized trash bag really meant trash.  Ohhhh the tears.  He would follow Hockey Player to the dumpster with the bags.  We started trying to slip things out while he wasn't looking. 
Then I started in on the closet!
I don't know how they live like this.  I know where all the socks have been hiding.  No wonder they never seem to have any clean clothes.  All their dirty clothes ended up in the toy box.  Aiy!!
I forced them to stay with me and clean. 
4 bags of trash + 2 laundry hampers filled later, I announced, "NOW you know to clean your room!"
Hockey Player looked at me with his big eyes and said, "Ok."
Time will only tell. 

No comments: