Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Exciting Sunday Afternoons

We had an evening of dropping kids off on the hour and then the pick up and exchanges would begin on the hour. In an effort I conserve gas, I tried to get creative. First up, Hockey Player needs to go to Youth Group.  Then, a date with Fun Girl and Professor Grammarly  going over English papers from the previous week.
 
Now doesn't that sound exciting !
Then we headed to Office Max but they were closed. 
Which was just fine. 
Off to drop her off for a work meeting. 
All that in an hour's time frame.
Then to visit and go through some of the most adorable little girl clothes ever. 
Lost track of time....
Hubby calls and picks up the HOckey Player from youth group.  Woohoo.  More girl chat time.
Then Fun Girl calls.  Her meeting is over and it is time to go to Servant Team.
We arrive and there is 45 minutes to an hour left. 
Stay or leave.  If I stay, then I get to be home a whole 15 minutes before leaving.
I stay. 
Glad I packed a book to read.  Didn't grade anything. I did get 2 of the 3 chapters that I needed to read completed. Just love it when I assign 3 chapters to one kid and 3 chapters to 2 other kids...all in books I have never read before.  All with the intention of we will discuss these books. 
An hour later, we are headed home.
  Home Sweet Home!
You know what, I wouldn't trade it for anything.  Time alone in the car with one of more kiddos.  Getting to chat and visit.  Laugh and direct.  Driving lessons to boot.  Fun Girl counts down the days till she can drive alone.  It will be a blessing and help.  A day, I can't keep from coming.
For now, I just treasure the moment...even when they cause my eyeballs to roll around in my head.
They are growing up way faster than I care.  I treasure my relationships with them.

No comments: