Sunday, June 23, 2013

First family vacation in 10 years!

The last time this family had a vacation on the road was 10 years ago. 
We have traveled, we have done things, but always as a part of something else.
Hockey tournaments, business trips, swim meets, etc.
Since that last trip we have added Dad's Bud and The Man. 
There are no children in diapers or potty training. 
No car seats!
Life has become immensely easier. 
We have also learned to pack efficiently. 
Those weekender trips have trained us well.  Travel light have more fun. 
 
So when my sister linked me in a face book message about a crib.
I didn't have to think long.
Sure, we can pick up a crib and fit it in the van. 
 
Only little thing..... I forgot to consider the mattress.
 
Cribs break down. 
That is what I was thinking.
There is no deflating of a mattress. 
 
Being the master packer that I am...I managed to get us all in the van,
all our stuff and the crib.
 
There was just a little bit of complaining.
 
To which, I could only reply, but we love our sweet new baby cousin
 and it is ONLY 8-9 hours. 
 
Fun Girl described us: "We were packed in tighter than a squirrel with a mouth full of nuts"
 
Except I think we were the nuts.
 


No comments: