Friday, June 13, 2008

A gets Her Timothy Award



It was such a special night. We had 4 children in Awanas this year. All four completed their books. Wonderful talks throughout the year about God. The growth we saw in them was such a blessing. As we prepared for the awards ceremony we had to write down something we would remember about Awana. In this preparation, God reminded me of my prayers for dear sweet A when she was 2 yrs. old. I so wanted to fill her up with God's word and I did not know how to do that so she would understand. I learned about Cubbies. What a blessing, a book that helped me break God's word down to just her size of nuggets. How God honored this mom's prayers over the last 10 years. My daughter has memorized over 300 scripture passages. Not only did she memorize them, she understands them. She often pulls these same scriptures into conversations we are having together. She has such a beautiful. I feel tremendously honored and blessed. As I type this tears well up in my eyes again, just as they did when I stood on stage with her. In the picture you can see me biting my lip, trying to control the tears. Also pictured are flowers her daddy gave her that night.

No comments: