Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Wicklow Mountains


Glendalough, translated means 'The glen and 2 lakes'
The fall colors were breathtaking. I was completely suprised by the beauty of all the colors. When I envision Ireland, I imagine emerald green. It is afterall the Emerald Isle. However, every where I looked there was beautiful color and vistas.
We stopped to visit the bell tower (or sometimes referred to as round tower) and the surrounding grounds.
The entrance to the grounds is a large archway. When entering to the right is a stone wall. Engraved in the stone is a cross. This cross was a symbol to all who entered that they were entering a place of sanctuary. This just caused such a stirring in my heart, that the image of the cross would announce you are entering a place of sanctuary.

3 comments:

Hi! I'm Rebecca said...

Great pictures Heather! It's all beautiful--makes me feel like I'm in a Narnia movie or some kind of old world movie. Can't wait to see the other pics.

eurekan at heart said...

beautiful pictures, pictures of Ireland always stir my spirit :).

Pam Martin said...

What an absolutely blessed time with your daughter and mother. The pictures are beautiful.