Friday, February 5, 2010

Birthday Sayings....

Today is Daddy's Buddy's birthday.
He is 6!
He is not my little baby anymore.
It is like pulling toenails to get hugs at bedtime. Don't even ask for kisses.
He does like to surprise me every once in a while with a hug of his own or snuggles.
This morning started with the question,
"Do you feel any different?"
DB: "Yes, bigger."

The morning quoteables didn't stop there.
When asked, "What do you want for lunch?"
DB relpied, "Steak and ribs!"
I just fell over wanting to die. Where did that come from?
Fun Mom asked, "Do you even know what ribs are?"
DB: "Yes"
FM: "Where did you learn about ribs?"
DB: "Last night."
The light bulb clicks on. Fun Mom informs me that while I was at hockey practice they were watching BBQ Pitmasters on TV. The boys were oohing and ahhhin over the food being shown. It didn't suprise me, I had instant flashbacks to Hockey Player a few years back. He loved to watch the cooking shows. He had lots to say and ideas of what to make in the kitchen. He even concocted his own recipe for Sugar Pie, that we just had to make. We did. Fortunately for me, I was pregnant and on a restricted diet so I was unable to try it. :)
Steak and Ribs...my boys are going to kill the grocery budget in a big way.

Then we moved onto presents. He was so excited about his "mother load"
The present to be all presents.
The Spark Scooter.
Mom, "Are you excited?"
DB: "Of course I am, it shoots sparks." all said matter of factly. What could I have been thinking?

Just before going to see Grandpa, he came into my room, hugged me and told me this is the best birthday ever. It isn't even lunch yet. So glad it is the best birthday ever for my young man.

No comments: