Sunday, January 31, 2010

Really Cool Dillons deals! !

When I finished shopping the mega I was hmm, okay.
Nothing really jumped out at me as super exciting.
Since I only shop with coupons and sales ads now, it is the norm for me to have a high percentage of saving. This time I was bummed cause I was thinking I hadn't scored any freebies or super awesome better than normal deals.
Booo on me.
I really shouldn't be so bah humbug about the savings.
So I started checking out my receipt.
This week Northern Toilet Paper is part of buy 10 get $5 off sale.
My receipt suprised me.
After the $5 off the TP was 5.99
I had a manufacturer coupon for $1 off, and on my receipt there was a $2 electronic coupon taken off. I think it was from the Dillons website, but I am not for sure. All I know it was a super wonderful suprise to find out I got TP for 2.99!
A family of 7 goes through a lot of TP!

My other unexpected suprise was the Old El paso Mexican Rice. (Not a part of the mega deal. It is by the taco shells. Little yellow pouches you can heat and serve. On sale for 3 / $4.
I had 3 manufacturer coupons for $1 (sortof... if it is 50 cents or more I call it a $1 on my sheet since Dillons doubles.) (printables + inserts). So I got 3 for $1. But the kicker was, I had 2 coupons on my card from cellfire. Each was worth 50 cents. So I got all 3 packs for free.
** Bonus** I then received a catalina for $1 off my next purchase because I had bought 3.
Woohoo !

My last suprise was Nestle Tollhouse cookie dough. It is a part of the mega deal.
When you buy 10 it is a $1.70. I had 2 coupons for $1 off 1. I jumped on cookie dough for 70 cents. The deal is even sweeter. I had coupons on my card again I didn't know about. Each coupon was 55 cents. Cookie Dough for .15 cents! !

Now if all I had bought was cookie dough, kraft mac n cheese, toilet paper and rice my total spent would have been incredible and I would have done a happy dance. But I have some hungry kiddos here so I bought a little more than just that. I will be completely happy with my 54%, 61%, 57% savings at Dillons. ( yes I did 3 transactions...or 3 30's) We have travel food and crazy night food and just to fill em 'up because the only thing easier would be if the kids were cars and they could just pull up to the pump and be filled. :)

No comments: