Sunday, March 21, 2010

Daddy's Buddy is growing up....

Earlier this year he asked me about getting some jeans. Up to this point, he has always prefered athletic pants cause they were "cozy." Now he wants to wear what the other kids are wearing.


Last night he came and showed me what he wanted to wear to church.
He insisted on wearing it "2 days, tonight and tomorrow"
But he got grape juice on the outfit.

He asked me very politely if I was going to do any more laundry. What kind of laundry and a few other questions. I knew something was up. That was when he told me of his grape juice accident. I told him to go put his clothes on the washer, no problem. He actually put them IN the washer. He painstakingly kept combing his hair after his shower. Very meticulously worked on his hair this morning. He waited to eat breakfast till I could sit and join him. He even came in and asked me to join him for breakfast.
Today he asked me what a gentleman was? What does a gentleman do? We talked some about it.
Kindess and gentleness with women and children. Holding doors. Helping ladies with stuff they are doing.

Flutter Nutter not acting gentleman-ly. He wants his picture taken too and shoves my little gentleman to the side for the moment. Daddy's Buddy then, asked me about what he would look like with different clothing combinations. I told him studly.

Oops.

What is studly?

Handsome, Good looking. I asked him, "Will you marry me."

SILENCE, LONG SILENCE
He then asked me, do they make marrying clothes in kids sizes.

Yep.

He took to thinking really hard on this subject.

Mom: "So will you?" (trying not to laugh)

DB: I am trying to decide between (cousin) Chica and you.

A little later, he informed me he would marry Chica first and then me later.

So I am no longer the first on his list. It had to happen sometime.

But later, he told me he wanted to go buy flowers for "you 3 girls" (the sisters and me). I told him to talk to his dad and maybe when they go get eggs tomorrow.

1 comment:

HS Mom of 4 said...

That is awfully sweet. Such interesting questions he had for you. He looks way too grown up in those pics.