Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My Little Man

"Whatever it takes, I will do it"

The quote of the night.

It left Fun Mom and I in awe and suppressing a bit of the giggles.

I was ironing some shirts.

I had this one in my hands as Daddy's Buddy walked by. I jokingly asked if he wanted to have it to wear.
I was joking. This was my little man. He doesn't like girls except for sisters and even that is debateable at certain times. Anything pink, purple or sparkly is GIRLY, EWWwwww Gross!

So much to my shock, he looks at it and looks at it and then says, "Yeah, I like it."

He even tried it on!

I asked him what he liked about it. At first, his response was he wanted to make me happy. That is where the quote comes from, "Whatever it takes. I will do it." Meaning whatever it takes to keep mom happy! Woohoo! Can I get that in blood and written on paper and signed and notarized and framed PLEASE!?!?

I explained I was joking. Then he walked up to the shirt and told me he liked how the blue and green and yellow stripes were done on the shirt. Hmmmm.

So I went about my evening. Pulling winter clothes from closets. Just leaving a couple of pieces for layering on the cooler days. Pulling out the summer stuff. He has several collared, button down shirts for church. So I did a switcheroo and pulled the pink one out of the pile.
He discovered what I did. He then tried to trade me other shirts for the pink one. Asking if I would switch shirts out for him! He wanted to switch cause he knew I was trying to limit the number of shirts in the closet. Well I wouldn't switch, but I let him keep the shirt.

Just when I got my little man figured out, or so I think, he pulls a new one on me.


No comments: