Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spring has settled into my backyard.....

The signs of spring are here once again.....

children playing in the backyard

giggles in the backyard

squabbles in the backyard

stinky boys that need nightly baths!

constantly hungry children

trees budding

and my magnolia tree, oh I mean bush is in bloom

About 12 years ago, we planted our magnolia tree. A couple of years later, Big-O-Daddy-O thought it was dead and cut the top of it off. And when a tree's main trunk is cut, no matter the diameter of that trunk, it doesn't grow any taller. I was devastated. Over the last 10 years or so, it has been a scraggly, twiggy kind of bush. Occassionally, a few big pretty leaves.

This year, is another story.

I was amazed and thrilled to discover this in my backyard this afternoon ~ She is beautiful!