Monday, April 5, 2010

Please Nothing More....

So whenever the Big-O-Daddy-O has one of those work things that last FOREVERRRR, or so it seems, the kind where I can't call him, cause he is in up to his neck, so I must figure it out and deal with it on my own and let him do what must be done, the kind of work things that leads inevitably to a something horrible or at least incredibly yucky catastrophe for me to deal with on my own.

So I have developed a tremendous sense of humor about the whole thing when it happens. I take on the detour to teach my kids how to deal, cope and tend to the problems of life! Yeah, right ! Whatever. It sounds good, all sugar coated like that. They actually take advantage to get away from school work and mess around. 3 boys hopping around the house. Cars being raced on the walls. Pictures being colored, hair being primped and fluffed. Mom cleaning and plunging. No teaching taking place except Fun MOm teaching Hockey Player how to text friends/family. Maybe that falls under the catagory of communications.

Well I am done and begging for nothing more for the remainder of this season! An overflowed toilet that drained to the basement, courtesy of Flutter Nutter who in all innocence was trying to help, was what greeted me this morning. Fortunately, we found the pull-up and I did not have to snake the toilet. One of life's lessons I really didn't want to learn to do.

Here's hoping my desperate call to the store I ordered a dryer from will put a positive spin on things. They know that I now have every towel in my house needing to be washed and dried. The dryer came in over a week ago, but a forklift hit the side of it and damaged it to the point of un-usable. So they had to re-order my dryer. They were going to expedite the order for us. But for some crazy reason expediting the order now means it takes 2 weeks to get the dryer. When a normal order takes a week! WHAT ?!?!?!

But alas, where BigODaddyO would have gone "ARGH ! ! !" really loud, I managed to laugh and be really glad he didn't have to confront this morning with another toilet fishing expedition. Things like this, I tend to laugh and/or shoulder slump when they happen! What else can one do???? Off to get myself a Pepsi, I think I am going to need one!

1 comment:

Hi! I'm Rebecca said...

I always say it, but it's true one more time: You're my hero mom!