Thursday, December 15, 2011

Flutter Nutter's Sixth Birthday!

I don't know how it happened.  My baby turned six.  Five was a piece a cake for this mommy.  Starting kindergarten was easy.  No tears.  No heart strings being pulled.  BUT six, that is another story.  To make it even harder he went to the dentist a week and a half later and we discovered he is getting his molars and has loose teeth.  How can that be?  Where has the time gone? 
Since we saw cousins perform in the Nutcracker in Colorado Springs over Thanksgiving Flutter Nutter chose the Nutcracker as theme for his cake.  A little overwhelmed.  Determined I would not put ballerinas on the cake.  I did some thinking. I took the girls to the cake store to get some help.  AND by the way, "Mom, I want a bow and arrow on the cake too."  Hmmm, the Nutcracker used a sword...but it is his cake.

                                    So the Nutcracker went bow hunting, killed himself a reindeer. 

                                 The reindeer left Dr. Pepper Jelly Beans behind in the shape of a six.

                                     
Then he shot arrows into those pesky mice he had to fight in the Nutcracker.
 
After all was done and said, he was very happy with his Nutcracker cake.
The cousins (my neices) might be just a bit dismayed at our re-creation of their favorite Christmas story.
Dad was happy I stuck with it and eliminated the ballerinas.

We had lunch at Olive Garden just like he wanted.
Just a couple of days later, cause he had to share his head cold with everyone.  He didn't want to be the only one with the birthday sniffles.


Aunt Sharon did not fail the Aunty test.  She provided lots of sweets and treats.
Just look at the top of that present.







Look deep, I think we can see his stomache!

Whew, he blew them all out!

I may be sad about how old he is getting to be, but he is still my little Flutter Nutter.
Happy Birthday!

No comments: