Wednesday, December 14, 2011

What is it with Wednesdays?

Last week it was all about language.  This week, Daddy's Buddy asks me about Grandma when she died.  Did we put her in a box and she died or did we put her in the ground and she died?  I had to explain, she died in her sleep at HOME, then she went to a funeral home, they put her in a nice box called a casket and then put her in the ground.  AHHH, that is how it works. 
Hockey Player then asks, "Don't they drain all the blood out of the body and replace it with a preservative?"
A lot of oooohs and yucks. 
"Yes and sometimes  no," I replied shaking my head the whole time.
Little Princess pipes in with, "Unless they want to be cremated and turned into ashes."
Daddy's Buddy adds, "If they don't want to be in their dead body for the rest of their life."
Hysteria breaks out.
In their dead body for the rest of their life....
repeated over and over and loads of laughter
At this time, I am in the Pizza Hut drive through, at the window and can't stop laughing.  I have to explain to the lady in the window about last week and the current conversation.  She starts to laugh pretty good over being in the dead body for the rest of your life.  I mean seriously, how do the kids come up with these things?

But it doesn't stop there.  Flutter Nutter is giving me trouble with wearing his seat belt proper.  I decide drastic measures must be used.  I very calmly inform him, I do not want to buy a casket for Christmas.  I do not want to spend Christmas crying.  Would he please sit properly in the car?

He did for all of 5 minutes.  To which I sounded off and told him, "Fine, you die, I am not buying you a head stone.  I refuse to buy you a head stone for Christmas."  He shaped up and sat all good in his seat and seatbelt.  Who knew.  Having a head stone is important !

Then coming home from church Flutter Nutter is being all super silly and disobedient, AGAIN.
I am done and tired.  I am not letting them take you to the funeral home.  I don't want a Christmas funeral.  I will just leave you by the side of the road if you get killed.  Shaped up and sat like he was supposed to.  FLutter Nutter did respond with, "Cool."  Not exactly what I was looking to hear.  Hockey Player quickly responded with, "Not cool, cause then people would think you had been murdered."

Time to change the subject..."Let's go look at Christmas lights!"

No comments: