Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Human passports, Bebe the Rhino, Sweet Sixteens

Back in the Spring...clear back in May
Dad's Bud was learning about Endangered Species for Cub Scouts.
Then I heard there was an Endangered Species event at the zoo.
So off we went. 
Since, I wing things. 
I don't always ask questions,
just kinda jump in with both feet...
we start exploring.
There's a table! 
Let's go check it out.
People have papers getting stamped...
We don't have a paper.
I don't really want to walk ALL the back to the front of the zoo.
I ask the person at the table about alternatives.
She offers to stamp the kids. :)
 
Yeah !
Next stop the Rhinos.
There Fun Girl who is trying to enjoy herself, signs up in a drawing.
We do the activities. 
I ask a few more questions.
Collect all the stamps and get a button with Bebe's picture
 
Kids are excited  
AND then we race to find the other exhibits cause the zoo closes in an hour.
 
THE Man becomes our passport.
Each exhibit station for Endangered Species, he gets stamped!
 
 
 
All is good till I want to get a picture of our Living Passport!
 
 
That's better
 
 
 
 
and some more!
 
 
 
 
In exchange for getting all our stamps we get a button with a picture of Bebe the Rhino
 
 
Then we go home.
Driving and the phone rings... but we don't answer in time.
It is the zoo.
An hour later, another call from the zoo.
Apparently, Fun Girl's name was drawn in the drawing.
She won a trip to the zoo to meet the Rhino.
She and 3 others.
Then they asked how many were in her family.
7
(Who would she pick? is running through her mind)
But before that was an issue, they graciously extended the offer to the whole family.
Not only that, but she also won a painting to be done by the Rhino.

When could we do this?
Hmmm, were they available on say Monday morning?
(This was late Saturday)
Cause what would be cooler than Fun Girl getting to feed and meet a Rhino on her 16th birthday!?!
Not every girl gets to do this.
 
So Daddy O makes some arrangements to be off work and
 
 
two golf carts met us at the entrance!!
 
 
 
Meet the Rhino we do !
 
 
Happy Birthday Fun Girl
(I happen to think this is quite the FUN event for a Fun Girl)
 





 
 
 





 
Yes, I did feed the Rhino

But this was me taking the picture...
I am up and close...
but I have the camera...
so there is no pictures of me...
We didn't think of it, till later.
Oops!
 
 

No comments: