Monday, September 3, 2012

Post sickness cleaning

We recently had the worst bug on earth.
At least it seemed that way.
105 degree fevers, that would not come down.
Trips to ER for dehydration.
Fun Girl has a tendency to sleep too much.  Since she sleeping,
she isn't drinking.  Then she gets dehydrated.
This is the second time it has happened.
So we must be the annoying parents that won't let her sleep when she is sick.
Much cheaper than paying for ER trips and IV fluids.
It all started with THE Man.
Then starting at 2 in the morning and in shifts, children woke with
headaches,
fevers,
coughs,
body aches
and all sorts of misery.
Then mom woke with it.
Big O Daddy O came home and took care of his 4 sick children and wife.
Yep, only Dad's Bud didn't have it.
But that wasn't for long....
2 days into it, Dad's Bud joined our club.
I slept for 2 days straight.
Just as we were all starting to mend, Big O Daddy O got a milder case.
A much milder case, one that we were thankful for.
He was able to work in spite of the headache.
Work he did, since he had Guard Drill weekend.
As soon as I started feeling able
I set about disinfecting.
Bleach
Vinegar
Lysol Wipes
all became my best friend.
Since THE Man was feeling better, he was assigned door knobs and light switches.
This means he takes the Lysol wipes and wipes down:
all door knobs
all light switches
all remotes
all cell phones
refrigerator handles
dishwasher handles
All the surfaces we so casually touch in our homes.
 
I started laundry.
I originally was going to throw away all of our pillows.
We had fevered, drooled in our sleep, snotted and coughed in bed.
The thought of keeping the petri dish pillows made me cringed.
But that is a lot of pillows in a family of 7
 
Then I remembered my dad's washing machine.
 
 
oh yeah!
Not only can I do twice the laundry if I go to my dad's house.
It has this beautiful tub with no agitator.
Pillows in a washing tub with agitator come out lumpy and distorted.
Pillows in this beauty, come out just like they came from the store! 
 
 
Oh Yeah! 
Add some bleach and gone are the yellow stains!
Hello bleach and clean smell!
A couple of the pillows went bye bye.
But I was excited for the bug God planted in my head to try my Dad's washer.
I can replace pillows at a much more gradual pace than all at once!
 

No comments: