Saturday, December 6, 2008

Happy St. Nicholas Day! with some freebies

D was awake this morning first. Not a surprise here. Fortunately, my ears picked up the rattle of paper and there was some sort of connection to my brain. "D leave the presents alone!" Dad was shocked cause I sleep hard. He informed D he was going back to bed, ours or his. He chose ours. Couple of hours later I feel him sneakily wiggling off the bed. We are hard pressed to convince him to wake the other children. He wants the pile of presents for himself. S wakes up and pretty much tackles him. Finally, we are able to wake them! The younger two are somewhat confused. "Happy Birthday!" "Happy Birthday! Santa" We gave up and let them think as they will for the year.
Then N noticed his shoes weren't by the door and he was a little distressed. But St. Nick didn't forget him either.
..........and the kids are having fun now.

This year St. Nick's day happened with a few bumps in the road. Dad decided we would do something different at the last minute. So mom + 2 went off to Wal-Mart yesterday evening. A was babysitting a neighbor girl & was left at home with 3 kiddos. D didn't want to go. He was having so much fun creating a not so fun atmosphere for the rest of them. "I want my A-Y" is what he screamed for a while. Once at Wal-Mart, M shuts her fingers completely in the door. So back in the truck and to immediate care down the road. Fortunately, no broken fingers. However, the doctor did bore a hole in her nail to relieve some of the pressure and showed me how as well. I will try and post some pictures later....or maybe not. So off to Wal-Mart, cause we just keep plodding along in this household. Score some St. Nick treats, and deals to boot. Got the big present. Went home and put 3 more holes in Dear M's thumb nail.
But alas, the deals were perfect for our new medical experience!

The deals were:
buy 2 Band-Aid Red cross first aid kits and use a $3/2 Man. Printable Q. The band-aid kits are in the travel section for a $1. If I had been frugal I would have applied the overage from 2 coupons and 4 kits to the gift. However, the 2 children I am with found 2 color books for $0.97 each. I had no "NO" power left in me. So they got their treasures as well. Though they are long forgotten now that St. Nick has visited. Maybe they'll be stocking stuffers!

No comments: