Saturday, May 30, 2009

My summer can now begin!

Our local homeschool conference is over now. I have purchased all we'll need and still have some left over cash. What a wonderful feeling that is. With each year I learn a little more about what to buy and what not to buy. Mostly being realistic with myself about what I can actually accomplish and about the type of kids I have. That is really key, cause well I don't have children or a family picture like you see on the cover of Five in a Row. Nice quiet, little brains reading and absorbing knowledge. Nah...mine are wild, crazy and lets learn by doing and making all sorts of crazy investigations. So now that I have that figured out, I can make decisions based on reality and not on my dreams. This year I was able to score some used curriculum for great prices. It helps to have a list and stick to it.
So what do I do now?
I shove all the books to the side and let them collect dust for a month or so.
I forget I am a teacher.
I hope they will let me become like broccoli and sit and watch them be kids for a while. I really like the idea of just sitting idle for a while. I don't dare imagine being able to shut my brain off while I sit like broccoli. That would be absolutely dangerous with my children. I do have to try and keep my wits about me. They might try and re-enact Kung Fu Panda when he attaches fireworks to the chair. But then again, that would make another humurous blog post....

No comments: