Thursday, May 28, 2009

** Prayer Request **

Tomorrow (Friday) is our day in court. We have been thrown a few curveballs. This afternoon has been tumultous. However, it is evening now and tomorrow is a new day. Homeschool Conference is this weekend, we will start our day there. Have lunch and attend to business. Hopefully we'll end our day at conference. I am struggling to find a balance between forgiveness and how to ask for strong consequences. There are crimes that just should never happen. Crimes in which I believe there is no reasonable excuse that can be given to only give a slap on the hand. There are crimes which require strong discipline and consequences. Those around me are concerned about how I will respond to the judge's decision if he decides to only give a slap on the hand. I told my husband I will probably cry and be upset. And then I will move on. Tomorrow will be an emotionally charged day. The only "request" for prayer I can ask is : God's will be done, and there will be validation for my family that what happened was undeniably wrong, should not have happened and there will be some type of accountability/punishment required from the defendant.

1 comment:

eurekan at heart said...

my thoughts and prayers were with you today, let me know how it goes. Hugs all around!