Thursday, August 13, 2009

GI Joe meets Barbie

To some this would be shocking but when Big O Daddy O found out his first was a girl, HE GOT SCARED! Then he panicked and said, "Oh no! I gotta start saving for a wedding!"
He went to work and asked the GUYS, What do I do with a girl? ?
He works with a bunch of really good guys.
Their response, "whatever you would do with a boy."
They told him they took their daughters fishing and played ball with them, etc.
None of them told him about stockings with dresses and learning to dress the darling princess.
None of them told him about pink bedrooms.
Or about nail polish and the desire to do daddy's toes.
Or hair pretties and wanting to play beauty parlor.
Maybe that is why he shaved his head.
He has done with them what he would with boys.
Tackle time.
Playing outside.
Movies.
Bike riding.
The girls will talk sports with him (which is more than the wife does...LOL)
Camping
Horse back riding lessons
Swimming
Stuff, father-kid-daughter stuff
And I can tell you noone told him about this:

Little Princess is grinning ear to ear.... cause she sees me coming with the camera.
Yep! That's Big-O-DADDY-O in a pink bedroom with his daughter and
Barbie stuff on the floor ! ! !

It is a good thing he bought my (our) camera. He knows how much he spent on it.
So he didn't break it.
And he knew what would happen.
He groaned and said, " I know you are going to blog this...."
"I will never live it down!"

So now I have had my fun!
Now I will tell the story you don't see in the picture.

At work there is contest regarding the guys' physical fitness tests.
I guess there is a GI Joe being passed around.
BIG-O-DADDY-O's shop thought it would be funny to cross dress GI Joe in a bikini, before sending him on his way.
Someone said to BIG-O-DADDY-O, you got daughters and probably Barbies.
Can you bring in a bikini?
So in all honesty he wasn't necessarily playing Barbies, he was on assignment for work.
He was looking for a Bikini!
Oh...that doesn't sound much better does it. LOL


1 comment:

HS Mom of 4 said...

Love this story! How funny!