Thursday, December 17, 2009

Mother ? Daughter ? Awana Fun!

Tonight was our last night of Awana for the year.
The leaders were really brave and ventured on in to the church.
Store Night + Red and Green night and all the Christmas Spirit could only mean one thing.... Worn out leaders. SO worn out they all came down with the pre-season sickness. MEASLES.
I had no idea it was so contagious. A leader need only to walk into a room where there was children and they immediately became ill. Fortunately, we were told we would quickly feel better once we went home. What caused this church wide outbreak among the adults. Verses! Not viruses! Verses! For every verse a clubber said to a leader, they would break out in a new spot.
Fun Mom said 16 verses and this is what happened to her leader!



I walked into a room to only say hi to Little Princess and I immediately had two spots appear on my nose!

Then I was asked, if I was really Little Princess' mom. I said yes. Then this sweet little girl asked Little Princess if I was really her mom. Fortunately, for me, Little Princess claimed me as her mom! So nice to know that she still thinks it is okay for me to be her Mom! This sweet little girl shook her head, and said, "You don't look anything alike?"
"We don't?" Couldn't she tell we share the same antlers?



All I could do is shrug and say, "I know." "They all look like their Daddy."
That is okay, at least there is no question on paternity! And we don't even have to be sheep in Ireland to figure that one out! LOL

It is the end of the night and what does a leader do when she has a half bag of candy left. She zeroes in on the last littlest kid left in the church. Smiles sweetly and says, "This is for you! Be sure to give it to Daddy when he gets home."
Daddy doesn't get home till after bedtime! Then this darling leader, smiles sweetly at mom and says, "Oops, I am on the naughty list!






2 comments:

A JoyFilled Life said...

I love you sis, thank you for offering me a laugh this morning!

HS Mom of 4 said...

OK Heather I'll give you that A, N, and D really look like their dad. But I see some of you in S and M. M may have the same shape of face as dad but her coloring looks more like you. And S does have the same face shape as you. They're not all totally Mike's.