Thursday, December 3, 2009

What's in a Name?

Shakespeare asked this same question in Romeo and Juliet.
So I ask, what is in a name? Why call it an I-Touch?
Fun Mom used her left over Ireland money to buy one for herself.
She loves it. It does all sorts of clever little things for her.
She almost doesn't need her laptop anymore.
But it can't keep her out of trouble.
Matter of fact it is more helpful to the mom in that area!
Tonight.... (by the way, it is 11:30ish P.M.)
I tiptoe downstairs to get something off the printer.
"Mom"
"Did you know cousin Mae broke her arm?"
"Yes, and get off your I-Touch! and go to sleep."
I-Touch, should have called it U-touch.
As in U-Touch and it is mine.
So,do know, the little trouble maker now has to be checked in upstairs at bedtime.
Fun Mom can thank a very timely magazine blurb I read the other night.
Encouraging parents to make sure teens charge their gizmos in a room other than the bedroom.
Especially, cell phones, because teens are texting all the time.
MP3s and all these special light up gizmos are so problematic.
They just shouldn't light up at night.

No comments: