Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Sweet Little Buttercup...

Recently I had a kiddo wanting to change his name.
He wanted to be named after a Star Wars character.
I informed him, he would be called by the name chosen for him at birth or "My Sweet Little Buttercup" His choice. He chose his given name.
Last night and today, on facebook there has been a little conversation about Moms.
How sometimes we just don't want to hear " MOOOOoooooooooooooom" one more time.
Or "MOM" with the teenage inflection of annoyance.
I have renamed myself at times as Mrs. Capt. Crunch. My children and their friends were renamed Frosted Flakes, Corn Flakes, Fruit Loops, Coco Loco (for Cocoa Puffs), Rice Krispies and Raisin Flakes (Bran).
Today I was thinking, I might just force my manly boys to call me "my sweet little buttercup" in an effort to correct their obnoxious boyish behaviour. That or call them that in front of their friends. You should have seen their eyeballs pop.
I asked Daddy's Buddy if he would call me buttercup?
"Uhhhh NO!" with a bug eye rolling expression that he does. LOL
Maybe for a day I will have one on them.
But in contrast Flutter Nutter, was all for it! "Call me Buttercup! Call me Buttercup!"
Oh for them all to be 4 and still love their mommies and not be embarrassed by it.

No comments: