Thursday, August 26, 2010

Running...

Running is for some a true love. They can't wait to hit the pavement.
I love the image that my mind creates. I imagine myself running. Long strides, loving it, looking forward to the next run. Alas, it is just my imagination.
Running is hard and in the summer, it is HOT !
I don't like to "glow"....it isn't even a glow I get, it is full fledge soaking sweaty. YUCK !
But I do like running with Gus. I HAVE to keep up. He gets my momentum up, and I go so that means he gets he needs to be redirected or dragged if he starts to sniff. It also means the run/workout ends a lot faster than say walking or yoga or pilates. I can say 1 mile or 1.5 or 2 miles.... then I am done.
Done I say, and I have accomplished something in less time than it takes Fun Mom to shower. I walk a little taller. I gain a little more respect from my children, because their mom accomplished something they thought she couldn't. The stress is beaten out of my neck and shoulders for a few minutes.
I am so glad to have Gus.
He motivates me to get up and out.
He drags, oh I mean, challenges me to go faster than I normally would.
And, I sleep ever so good afterwards... gotta love those early morning naps after a run...or the hard fast sleep after a late night run.

No comments: