Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sunday Conversations...oops

So I am going to try and do some catching up. Life has been a little chaotic this month with the start of school and more. But I want to do this first post in hopes, that those who read, may not make back up far enough to read it. Confessions may be good for the soul, however they can be far more humbling than we would like. Why post it then, cause this is my way of keeping track of the many crazy memories in my life, that I want to look back on laugh with my family over.

So this past Sunday, was Little Princess' birthday. Her party was right after church at Grandpa's house. A dear friend was driving the birthday girl and her friends, while I drove the rest of my kids and stuff. She was following me.
When someone follows you, it is important to keep an eye on them and make sure you don't leave them behind. It is also important to seize those moments to chat with your kids and sometimes while driving is perfect!

So we are driving and the subject of the Sunday sermon came up. I missed the sermon and caught just the last minute. Was curious about what I heard. Fun Mom was no help... Flutter Nutter was entertaining her and she missed that part. But she did get some of the other stuff. Obedience, following the rules.... Good stuff. Important stuff. The kind of stuff that makes you want to elbow your children or husband while listening. So we are chatting about obedience. About meditating on God's word. How when we follow God and are in obedience to Him....
Then I look up at the stop light and... "was the light yellow?"
"No Mom it was Red!"
No it couldn't have been.
But I have left my friend behind at the light.
Quick call on the cell, was the light red?
"IT was ORANGE"
Oh,no... what kind of example am I setting?
Then I get silly. Giggly silly. I start imagining what the conversation would be like if a police officer had been there and pulling me over.
"Ma'am, do you know why I pulled you over? "
"Yes, I ran the red light while discussing the importance of obeying God and the law/rules with my children" Humbling, humiliating....so grateful God spared me, 'ause I just could not imagine trying to explain how I could have just been in church and discussing such things with my children and then run an orange light.
Grace, ever so grateful for grace.
Grateful for the opportunity to share with my children.
Grateful for a forgiving and understanding friend.

No comments: