Tuesday, April 26, 2011

April Reflections, part 4...

Easter Morning arrives.
Unfortunately, it didn't have the same bright, sunny outlook in my heart. I love Easter. But after the week I had been having, I was in survival/crisis mode. I just couldn't summon the excitement of the day and the time to celebrate with family. I wanted a quiet place. A place where noone could get hurt. Starting to dread the sound of a whimper, cry or my name being called. When the kids wiggled too much, anxiety was starting to seize me. They just needed to be still.
Of course, Flutter Nutter was still coming off the steroids and that was super difficult for him. AND for ME!
We make it through the morning and lunch no injuries.
Off to my in-laws for the games, hunt, and more food.
Flutter Nutter managed to fall trying to climb over a cinder block. Caught himself with his broken arm, but scraped up his knee pretty good. He fell over the brick that surrounds the fireplace, someone caught him just in time. FINALLY, he fell head first into Grandpa's exterior door. Another good egg on the top of his head. He split the wood on the door.
I wAs DoNE!!
DONE .
There was joking and laughing, warrior stuff, brush it off, haha...
The type of things I say, nOrmAlLY.
But not today.
Not this time.
I very firmly, (probably almost hysterically) told BigODaddyO, Flutter Nutter was going to sit down with an ice pack on his head. I DID NOT CARE what anyone else had to say or think about it. I was DONE and he was going to be iced !
Then, I went and finished my PEPSI.

No comments: