Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My guy...without always meaning to often turns me back to My GOD...


Taken earlier this summer.  All dressed up for work.  He like his job.  Then the other day he blew me away with the question, "What do you think about moving to Kansas City?"  Stopped my heart, questions ran through my mind faster than a wild Cheetah.  Then I paused and asked him why?  What was he thinking?  Whew, so glad I asked those questions instead of responding with my first thoughts. 
But, he has gotten me thinking.  When we first married, moving wasn't a big deal.  I had moved a lot.  I had never lived anywhere more than 3 years until my teen years.  I lived in Colorado for 5 years and then moved my senior year.  Though I never changed cities or states after that move, there were lots of moves from family homes to dorms to apartments and then I married.  Our first apartment and then our first home.  I seriously told him, I wanted to never move again.  A home to grow our family in.  It wasn't that I was tired of moving.  But the cost of buying a home overwhelmed me so much, I never wanted to do it again.    Now a family of seven, each person with their own stuff!  I can't imagine the hurdle of moving.  I can only imagine it taking a year to accomplish.  A year to pack and then unpack.  Oh, my! 
But this time when he asked me what I thought about moving, I didn't think about packing.  I thought about the kids, their friends, our doctors, our church, our hockey association, our homeschool network, our family.  I realized we would still be near family.  There would be new opportunities.  A lot of new transitions.  A lot of new opportunities to see God work.  Relationships take time to build. I really rely on the security of having known our physicians for the last 5-15 years depending on the family member.  There is a security in the known.  I would have to trust in the security of knowing the One who Knows.  For now, I am grateful my husband was just looking for a conversation.  He does this sometimes. Makes me wish he would try a slightly less startling opener.  At least I was able to sleep afterwards. 

1 comment:

Cav5Mom said...

I wish he would of said...what about Wisconsin...and then you would of said yes and packed in two days!