Saturday, August 13, 2011

Been pondering....

This morning God woke me up.  Yep!  Really early too!  Couldn't go back to sleep. I tried, and that is how I know God woke me up, cause I was still really tired.  But I have been struggling with feeling overwhelmed.  Overwhelmed by what all needs to be done in a done and how it is going to be done.  So with my glass of water (Important point, cause there is no Pepsi in the house.  Kind of like coffee for the one who doesn't like coffee. Which is a good thing, cause if I had made a pot of coffee, then the whole house would have started to wake.  Did I say it was really early.).. 
So with my glass of water, I curled up to read my Bible and pray.  God didn't have a magic answer to how it was all going to get done.  He just told me to "just do it".  There was no, huh??  head scratching, trying to figure out what He meant.  Cause we have been down this road before.  One foot it front of the other, just go to the next thing when the first is done.  You see, I like to plan.  I homeschool.  I have a large family, to some at least...not like the Duggars.  I like to create beautiful schedules.  But guess what, my kids don't get it.  THEY JUST DON"T GET IT!!!  My husband doesn't either.  Not that he should.  Cause he is the head of the home, and I shouldn't be telling him what to do.  Maybe asking him about a possible honey do project...(a whole other topic..)
But really they just don't get it.  They don't have the same sense of accomplishment of a long list with tick marks next to each item.  They just do not get it ! Besides my beautifully created charts just aren't fun to apply.  Fun to create, but not to apply.  So I have been pondering on how to organize my year, months and days.  Not an easy task when I know my crew won't follow my schedule.  I have managed to learn life throws us curve balls on a regular basis.  So how Lord do we get it all done?
He reminds me, One foot in front of the other.
He didn't ask me to get it all done.  He asked me to seek HIM first, then to just go to the next thing, one foot in front of the other.   So I don't have all my plans figured out, but I have my mission/theme for the year. 
Seek the Lord first and then "Just do it!"

No comments: