Sunday, March 25, 2012

Health Insurance motivators to be healthy!

So our health insurance is looking out for their bottom line, I realize that.
They do have some power motivating tools out there though to get their patrons healthy.
For instance, I just completed an assessment and 3 "counseling" sessions online. 
What do I get out of these services...
Well I will receive $50 to apply to future medical expenses.  That is the equivalent to two office co-pays.  With my crew, that won't be hard to use up. LOL.  But hey, every little bit helps. 

But on the other hand, I have been frustrated with the lack of free time around here for just "me time". 
I mean, seriously, "ME time",  I might get 2 minutes in the car while I wait for a child to come out to the car.  I might get to go to the bathroom uninterrupted.  If I start to clean, well, I might get to be alone as the kids try to slip off and escape my notice.  When I had to list how much time I spend on the computer.  I didn't want to admit it.  I am not using the computer solely for recreation.  Lately, I have been listing a lot of items on Ebay.  Trying to get as much done before we start school back up.
Therefore, I am sitting and typing.  But as I have these encouraging comments and suggestions rolling through my head, I did some math. 
I have 15 stairs between the mainfloor and the basement.  If I have to run downstairs to weigh every auction, I can increase my activity.  If I do 20 auctions in a day, that is like 300 stairs.  Not bad.  Best part, and Dara you will like this, I don't get all sweaty.  I can't stand to get sweaty!  My hair wilts.  I feel slimy and gross.  If I get sweaty, then I have to shower and get ready for the day all over again.  That is more time away from the things I gotta do....
So I will run up and down the stairs for every auction.  I won't ask my kids to do it for me.  Cause, I need to get up and get moving some more.

1 comment:

Cav5Mom said...

Only you can find a way to excercise without sweating!