Friday, March 30, 2012

The things I say as a mother.....

The Man was complaining again about showers.  It was a shower or facing discipline from Mom and then Dad the next day.  So he complied.  But complied all too quickly.  In and out of the shower in less than 5 minutes.
He exclaimed, "My hair is wet!" 
Hockey Player confirmed it.
I asked, "But did you use soap?" 
The Man. "NOOOOOoooooooo," he whined.  "I don't like soap.  It hurts my eyes."
Mom, "It doesn't hurt your eyes to use it on your body."
The Man, "I DON'T LIKE SOAP!"
Knowing how this is going to go down, I jumped on the first thought that came to mind.  I don't really want to encourage his precociousness but we are talking the need for soap here.  I have to choose between encouraging his flair for all things Manly and SOAP!  I chose Soap.
Mom, "But if you don't use soap, you won't get all the ladies. Ladies don't like a funky smelling Man.  You won't have all the ladies anymore." 
Silence
The Man, "Fine, I will use SOAP!"
Little while later, 
"Hi momma, smell my hair" 
Mom, "MMmmm smells good and manly."
"I used soap."
Good JOB!  Thank you.

Now to find the bathing incentive for his brother.....

No comments: