Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Surviving the first day of school


I am not much for reward charts.  Not much for check off the boxes or put a sticker here and there.  Not that I don't try.  I make lots of lists and plans.  But the long term follow through just isn't there.  Sometimes it is a lack of motivation on my part, sometimes it just works for a day. 
But it was the first day of school and my younger two were hard to convince.
Thankfully, we had started our day with prayer. 
Thankfully, I was crying out to God to help me survive their combined efforts to color my hair gray.
Next thing I know I was in my cabinet pulling out the business card paper, typing up reward coupons.
My boys speak electronics. 
They love their DS, Wii, Netflix and TV.
They love their siblings' I Touches

For every assignment completed they get one card. 
For every whine, contrariness and headache they give me, I can take one or more away.

Plus, I was thoughtful enough to declare myself not responsible.
Not responsible to keep them from being lost.
If I find them laying around they are mine!


This week it is working.  Hard at work and asking for more assignments to earn more time.

No comments: