Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Growing our Family

Lately, I have had baby longings.
Much to Daddy O's horror.
But I am quick to let him know it is okay.
'Cause I know I am healthier now than I was in the midst of having all my babies.
It has been 6 years since my last baby was born, almost 7 truth be told.
His birthday is in a month.
2 pregnancies literally had me at death's door.
One of which even had the doctor wondering if she would have to suggest the unthinkable.
Through it all, God was at work.
He preserved my life.
He preserved the life of my children. 
Some on earth and a couple in heaven.
Only my first was uneventful.
I loved being pregnant the first time round.
It was amazing.
Then the challenges happened.
With each challenge, a little bit more of my strength and health was lost.
I didn't know it at the time.
Too busy living life.
With each pregnancy came more fatigue and more complications.
Lots of non-stress tests.
Lots of being told to take it easy...
encouraging bed rest and trying to comply.
If I am in bed, can I still fold laundry.
And really what is so difficult about sorting laundry while in a chair.
The words I knew were coming...
I can try to get you through another pregnancy, but I don't know...
I will see you in 6 months and discuss your recovery....
(surgery was hanging over my head for repairs)
God was merciful and over that 6 months, my body healed well
and no surgery was needed.
 
I have been content.
I have been crazy busy raising children.
Relishing each minute and sometimes
impatiently waiting for some of the challenging stages to pass...
(potty training ~ tantrum throwing, you get the picture)
 
I have been content till late this summer.
I see the babies.
They are soo cute.
I just wanna snuggle and take a nap with one.
My time is done for now.
I am in NO HURRY to be a Grandma.
That day will come in its own time.
But as much I wanna hold one of those babies....
I love sleeping at night.
I love getting work done.
I love jumping and running out of the door.
With my last one in a car seat...
I see freedom a coming.
I really just wanna the snuggle and nap.
 
Then we got a mouse.
Not just any ordinary mouse.
The kind that joins you in the kitchen while you cook and runs across your feet.
The kind that thinks late night TV is an invitation to come check out your snacks.
This mouse is clever.
We have every kind of trap, obstacle course and means to make sure he meets his Almighty Creator.
AND yet, he still torments us with his cleverness.
Then he did the unthinkable.
He chewed up some cardboards and tossed it onto our new furniture.
Daddy O received the report.
 
I received the instructions.
Get a cat today!
I kind of missed the article "A" in the command.
But he should have known better to send me alone with 4 children to get
A cat.
Not gonna happen.
Not someone with baby goo goo eyes!
Now all of my children are sleeping, and I find
 
Oreo here
 
 
and Gibbs here with Fun Girl
 
 
It didn't take Oreo long to come find me at the computer.
She laid down on my mouse.
WRONG mouse kitty!
 

2 comments:

HS Mom of 4 said...

What a story! I am happy for your health and your family. I am sorry about the mouse and having to get the cats. Not that we get to your house very often but that makes it even less likely since L is allergic to cats. I'm surprised you don't have that issue considering all the other allergies you have to deal with.

Beach Momma said...

Well our first night some allergies flared. But it was more because of being at the Humane Society. They will be OUTdoor and indoor cats once the mouse situation is resolved.