Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Cooking Lessons and Trades

I have been out of commission for almost 2 months now.  Though to be honest I have not done a whole lot of cooking for over a year now.  Thanks to hubby's job and the shifts he works....well I tend to teach school and work on any number of things around here (at least till the car accident) and someone else takes on the job of food prep.  One of the tasks that would normally fall on me, but can be delegated else where.  I had to let go of somethings, and well I was comfortable with this one.  I prayed for husband that could cook.  I got one!  I also got a husband that has the patience of saint in the kitchen and he doesn't get flustered by kids and he teaches them well.  Lately, my older two are proficient in the kitchen and I teach by giving them verbal instructions or an older shows a younger. 

This particular day we needed a chicken cooked.  Fun Girl just grosses out over whole chickens.  I do remember being a teenager girl and freaking out about them as well.  Except, my dad wanted me to chop it up and fry it.  That went over like a ton of bricks much to my Dad's frustration.  My kids have it easy.  Just rinse the bird out, make sure nothing is inside, put it in the cookware.

Well the commotion in the kitchen was absolutely crazy.  Fun Girl is offering to clean the kitchen.  (She despises this chore, only slightly less than laundry!)  Will Hockey Player please prep the chicken??  He doesn't know how.  Fun Girl offers to tell him what to do, standing over his shoulder she gives instructions.  Little Princess runs for my phone to take pictures.  There were like 20 plus pictures on my phone when all was done and over. 





 
Dinner was perfect!

No comments: