Saturday, May 3, 2008

Happy Tummy Chef



I want to brag on my oldest. She is a wonderful daughter. Tenderhearted sister. She has embraced her little brothers' food allergies and become my right hand in the kitchen. She experimented with substitutions and is now able to make cookies, brownies and bread without their allergens. She even rose one morning at 6 to grind oatmeal for cookies for her brothers. My heart is soo moved and tears come to my eyes at her love and thoughtfulness. The grinding of the oatmeal was all her own idea. She wanted to make oatmeal cookies and set to finding a recipe. The one she found said to grind the oatmeal in a blender. That did not work for her, so she put the oatmeal in a bowl and proceeded to use a glass to grind it into a powder. I personally would not have ever done that. I would have just used the oats as they were. So for Exhibition Night for our homeschool group they were to provide a display of something they had done this last year.
I had her type up her recipes and I created this display. I wanted everyone to know how wonderful and talented is my daughter.

1 comment:

A JoyFilled Life said...

A you are AWESOME! I am so proud of my niece AbbyNaeNae!