Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Just gotta love those oldest children!

A has me laughing tonight. After Awanas she is always pretty chatty. She wanted to know if I knew what D had done to her this morning. I guess sweetie pie that he is, he got up and went downstairs to A's room, "A-y, Scooby Doo, Scooby Doo." When there was no response he decided she needed some help. Climbed up in big sis gi-normous bed and started jumping on her, "wa up, A-y, Scooby Doo!" "wa up, A-y Scooby Doo!"

Well all I can do is chuckle. Then she proceeds to tell me God was merciful, cause a little while later she hears "A-y juice!" "A-y juice!" I guess M was coming downstairs then and said "Come on D, I'll get you some juice."

At this point I am laughing. It is great to have olders. The youngers wake them up! The other part is my oldest used to wake me up at dawn. No exaggeration there. She would come into my room and say "The sun's up, wake up!" "The sun's up, wake up!" She never needed a lot of sleep and we learned the hard way one spring after a long winter. Bedtime was always approached with "it's dark, it's time for bed." Well guess what it doesn't get dark till 9 during the summer! And the sun gets up early too! Even now, she puts off sleep. Suckers her mom into late night chats and all.

I love what goes around comes around. I don't even have to wait for them to have children of their own. I love those olders who are so dearly loved by the youngers and youngers prefer to wake them in the morning and not the mom!

No comments: