Friday, September 19, 2008

What do you want for dinner?

So we are at swim lessons yesterday (Thursday). N asks for yet another snack. I know swimming makes them hungry. I told him no though, because we were going to get dinner right after S and M finished up their lessons and got dressed. N responded with lots of excitement "I want broccoli ! " "Broccoli ! "

I tell him we can have broccoli but we're going to McDonald's for dinner. "Ok, but I want broccoli."

A friend was sitting there and said "Broccoli and Mcdonalds, they might balance each other out."

Now I like broccoli, but when I was N's age I liked broccoli with cheese sauce. I even asked for broccoli with cheese sauce for my birthday. N likes it plain, just steamed a little!. M likes it raw, likes it steamed, likes it in a boat or in a tree.

It blows my mind and others as well. Dear daughter M has since she was teeny tiny loved to eat green things. When she could talk, she would always ask for the broccoli when we were in the grocery store. My kids jump up and down with excitement. I think they like broccoli as much as they like their candy.

It is so comical, when they were with dad at the commissary one shopping trip a year or so ago. M and N were begging dad for broccoli while they were in the produce section. A man stopped and looked at my husband and asked, "They didn't just ask for broccoli?" According to my husband the man's jaw was dragging on the floor after that.

No comments: