Monday, December 8, 2008

Mundane Mondays

I wonder what one of those would be like.
Today I returned a friend's call. She immediately asked me what's up. She could hear the fatigue in my voice. A quick recital of my earlier post and she laughed and said, "never a dull moment in the Clark family."
A crazy start to our day indeed.
However, I am blessed
  • with a 3 yr. old who quickly grasped how to get to the toilet or trash can quickly. I can't say that for all of my children.
  • with a husband, who after 13 years (almost 14), just calls into work "sick" which he can do when his family is sick.
  • with intermitten naps for mom and dad
  • with a somewhat leisure drive to the auto body shop to pick up our suburban (a whole other story).
  • Our Flutter Nutter tucked in sweetly at home, so that our 12 yr. old gave us permission to come home late. We did some birthday and Christmas shopping. We are almost done. Just a couple more tid bits here and there.
  • Fun family banter when we got home.
  • Dinner.
  • I managed to clean and de-clutter just a little bit more.
  • 7 loads of laundry washed, dried and folded. Some of it even put away.
  • 4 happy kids playing Wii and coloring.
  • Dad and S went to hockey and had guy time.
  • A 3 yr. old who decided he was tired and put himself to bed. We had to go looking for him. Isn't that sweet!
  • Christmas music playing.
  • A Christmas tree lit and twinkling in the room with me.
  • Soon dear Husband will be home with medicine for N and medical tape to redo M's splint, then we will snuggle and watch a movie.

Praying all the disinfecting will mean noone else will get sick. I wonder what will Tuesday will bring?

1 comment:

Twyska said...

If that's mundane... =)