Sunday, January 25, 2009

Quiet Sundays part 2

I posted earlier how I love quiet Sundays. I also love them for their unpredictable conversations. My home started to fill back up with all its warmth and smiles. Dear husband was doing dishes, and I was trying to get pictures taken for Ebay. N desperately needed some interaction and kept climbing on me.... Then I had a light bulb moment...N why don't you go help daddy with the dishes! Woohoo, he actually jumped on the suggestion.
I don't know what N did, but Dad says, "How did you get so smart N?"
N's reply, "I am the smart one." Think deadpan and in all seriousness this is said.
Dad doesn't miss a beat, "So do you get it from Mom or Dad?"
N: "I am the smart one."
Dad: "But how did you get so smart, from Mom or Dad."
N: "From Mom and Dad."
Dad: "That was a good answer."
N: "Yeah, I am the smart one. I am smarter than Dad and Mom."
Dad: "Mom's not smart?"
N: "no, I am the smartest one."
Dad: "What about all the things Mom does? That makes her pretty smart doesn't it?"
N: "No, I am the smart one."
Subject dropped. Hmmm, he is the one I wonder if I can school next year. Because that pretty much sums N up. We can tell him something, but if he has an idea in his head already then nothing can change his mind. He's the smart one after all.

No comments: