Monday, February 23, 2009

Mom when I am 30.....?

Will I be out of the house? asks M on the way to hockey.
"Honey, if you are still living in the house when you are 30, I will kick you out (said with a smile and chuckle). "
"Okay, what about when I am 29?"
S pipes up, "You are out of the house when you are done with high school and college. I think it takes 6 years to finish them." "Mom, which comes first college or high school."
"High school, then college."
"Can you be done in 6 years?"
"If you work hard enough."
"Well how long does high school normally take?"
"4 years."
"Well how long does college take?"
"Depends on how hard you work, normally 4-5 years."
"oh"
I never did think to ask why it was important to know when they would be out of the house. I was just tickled by the thought patterns of those two.
M did make it clear she had no desire to go to college.
S made it clear, you went to college and finished & when and only when you were finished you moved out.
Hmmm, I wonder who will move out first?

No comments: