Monday, February 16, 2009

Zoo Reflections!

I took my youngest beasts to the zoo today. They deserved to get out and have some fun with mom. It is no fun watching mom teach all day and say leave him/her alone...they're doing school. So off to the zoo....
N-"I don't want to go to the zoo."
D-"I do." (Just to do the opposite..actually they both like to be opposite of one another.)
N-"I am not hungry, I don't want McDonald's"
D-"I do, I do."
N-"I want to go home!"
at the zoo,
N-"I want to see the snakes!"
D-"No, the hippos!"
"birds! (aka Flamingoes)
Yeah! ! Running fun! They forget to annoy one another
Snakes, frogs, alligators, lizards, dragons (Komodo dragon),
The jungle..birds, fish, bats, vampire bats...
N-"I gotta go potty!"
This is when all things fall apart.
N won't go into the ladies with mom. He is used to always having a bigger guy around so he can go into the men's restroom safely. He takes off. D goes in the other direction! I have a hold of one and have to try and catch the other. People are coming, lots of people. Now I really have to keep the two close and they divide and run on me. I start thinking National Geographic, I understand why some species of mothers eat their children. Oh and did I mention all this potty talk has made mom need to go...

So we leave.....
and as we walk out I hear..."I don't like you!" I don't like anyone but dad!"
I couldn't resist, "hmmm, wonder if you'll be saying that after you get home." Cause did I mention I had dad on the speaker phone....(I forgot I had him there) and he heard every bit of what HIS boys did to their mother. D just starts kissing my hand and telling me he loves me.

I get D buckled up and he asks if we can leave N at the zoo. Hmmm, can I leave both of them?
We're home and Pappa Bear is not happy! He roars and growls but he doesn't eat them.

No comments: