Thursday, July 30, 2009

Favorite Mental Snapshots

Cause the camera is not always nearby and sometimes if you get the camera out it ruins the moment. So you just take it all in and try to commit it to memory.
Yesterday, I had two of those moments with Hockey Player.

The first was listening to him in the back of the suburban teaching Daddy's Buddy how to tie his shoes. He was teaching him to make bunny ears...one bigger than the other....one goes through the hole...

The second was when I walked into the family room to see Flutter Nutter curled up next to him in the recliner sleeping. When I went to pick up Flutter Nutter he laid his head on Hockey Player's shoulder. Hockey Player, cause I was standing there, tried to make it look like he was just tolerating his little brother...but I think otherwise.

Hockey Player is an amazing Big Brother. God has gifted him with a very sweet and gentle spirit. As I write that, I see such contrasts...sweet, gentle spirit and Hockey... Nothing too sweet or gentle about hockey! LOL ! More like loud, rough and stinky locker rooms. All the same, he is an amazing young man and big brother!

No comments: