Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Sleepwalking can be sooo expensive!

Fun Mom sleep walks. She talks in her sleep. That is fun to listen to, maybe that is why we call her the Fun Mom? Nah, she gets to do the fun stuff with the younger kids while I get the Mom work done around here.
Back on topic,
So this morning she tells me..."I can't find my retainer. I had it in my mouth when I went to bed. I know I was sleepwalking last night cause I trashed my bed and the covers were all over. I had to completely make the bed this morning."
In all my motherly wisdom I asked her, "Did you check the covers?"
"Yes" (said with big sigh and exasperation with mom...she is smart enough to know to do that...
Did you check...
your purse?
the bathroom?
retainer case?
Tons of running around to do and appointments. Phone calls to the orthodontist. We will have to make a decision. It takes a week to make a new retainer and she can only go about a week before her teeth move too much! So taking turns with everyone who is at home at any given time searching the house for the retainer...
Never turns up!
I make the call and order the new retainer. We over calculated this year for medical expenses, so we aren't stressing. We have some flex money that we might lose at the end of the year...now that is something we are trying to make sure doesn't happen.
She finally goes to bed and there is a loud exclamation.
She found it, smack dab in the middle of the bed. The SAME bed she remade. The SAME bed I asked her to check and she told me she had checked. AH! well....
She feels bad, very bad and asks me if I will at least try and call the orthodontist to see if we can cancel the order.
My new motherly wisdom.... Mom should strip and remake the bed herself!

No comments: